Coronavirus: COVID-19 Resources
As we navigate the current health crisis together, our primary concern is, and has always been, the health and wellness of individuals, families and communities that we serve.
In this unprecedented moment, being connected with each other is more important than ever. While we may be practicing social distancing, staying healthy means not falling into an unhealthy pattern of social isolation. Taking care of our emotional well-being, prioritizing self-care and staying engaged with the important people in your life are among the most critical things we can do during this time.
Our goal is to keep you as informed as possible. We will continue providing regular emails, but we also invite you to read these updates from our national organizations:
- National Hemophilia Foundation’s Medical and Scientific Advisory Council letter.
- Hemophilia Federation of America’s Online COVID-19 Hub.
- Statement from NHF’s CEO, Dr. Len Valentino on COVID-19
- World Federation of Hemophilia https://news.wfh.
org/specific-risks-of-covid- 19-to-the-bleeding-disorders- community/
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services- Region 7 Virtual Partner Toolkit
Kansas Insurance Department – https://insurance.kansas.gov/
Dial 211 for Essential Community Services click here
- Effective immediately, Ameren is suspending all disconnections for non-payment and forgiving any late payment fees for residential and business customers. Normal billing for customers’ usage will continue as usual but if you are having difficulty paying your bill, please contact Ameren’s Customer Care team or go to our Missouri payment assistance page to learn about your options. Customer Care: Residential: 800.552.7583 (MO) Business: 877.426.3736 (MO)
- If you’re impacted by the Coronavirus and need help with your natural gas service or bill, don’t worry. Contact Spire. We’re in this together, and we’re here to help.
- How AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint are offering relief to customers.
The Social Care Network: search for free or reduced cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more. https://www.auntbertha.
Kansas Consumer Assistance Division
Midwest Hemophilia Association (MHA)
Mailing Address – PO Box 412866 • Kansas City, MO 64141 • 1-816-479-5900
Office Address – 1471 W. South St, Suite F, Ozark, MO 65721
(To send correspondence to the Executive Director please use the office address.)
Mental Health Resources
National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF)
1-800-42-HANDI • www.hemophilia.org
Great Plains Region Hemophilia Program Regional Coordinator
John Drake • 512-233-6942 • firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics Hemophilia Treatment Center
Dr. Barbara Gruner • 1-573-882-9355
Kansas City Regional Hemophilia Center
Dr. Shannon Carpenter, Dr. Mike Silvey, Dr. Brian Wicklund, Dr. William Jennings, Dr. Jill Moormeier, Andrew Wilson, FNP, CPHON, Melissa Armanees, CPNP, Rebecca Coney, DNP, APRN, FNPC, Katie Foote, LMSW
1-816-302-6869 • Toll Free 1-800-236-1713
Additional resources provided by the National Hemophilia Foundation
- NHF’s Research Grants and Fellowships
- NHF’s Medical and Scientific Advisory Committee (MASAC)
- Centers for Disease Control
- The American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network (ATHN)
- Patient Notification System
- NHF’s Steps For Living
- NHF’s Victory for Women